Saturday, February 28, 2009

Deploy standalone shindig on Quarry and an OAuth gadget demo

I got a virtual machine which I can log in as root. The virtual machine is pretty clean without any more packages besides CentOS.
I installed vim using yum install vim-enhanced. I also installed jdk1.5 and maven2.

Then I checked out the source code from shindig svn trunk. See instructions here http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/#tab-building.
Unfortunately, the test failed when I compiled and installed shindig. This kind of things always happens because of instability of trunk code. So I copied my previous checkout of shindig code which worked well from another machine. Then the compilation and installation succeeded.

OAuth gadget demo to retrieve google contact list

Now the sample demo is here:
http://gw11.quarry.iu.teragrid.org:9999/gadgets/files/samplecontainer/samplecontainer.html

Set field "Displaying gadget" to http://156.56.104.196:8888/oauth/gadgets/os_gadget.xml, Uncheck "use cache".
Click button "reset all". If everything works fine, you would see following in main panel:
temp

Clieck "Personalize this gadget", a popup window would appear which prompts you to login to your google account. Then you can choose grant or deny the access request. If you grant the request, the popup window would be closed automatically, and the main panel would be populated with your google contact list.

1 comment:

lza said...

Hi,Gerald Guo
I am working on a project based on OGCE recently,I've downloaded the OGCE code by svn.I need to modify some features for my project,so I wonder if you can give me some tips about the workflow of OGCE,or the architecture of OGCE gadget container. Thanks in advance!

ps:could you tell me your email and mine:anoy.li@gmail.com Thanks a lot.